Led by Cardiff School of Law & Politics and Adelaide Law School, the Centre for Ethics, Law and Society seeks to connect researchers and practitioners in medical law and bioethics, as well as medicine, science, information technology, the social sciences and humanities.
We aim to:
- foster interdisciplinary collaboration;
- provide a resource which is both useful and attractive to academics, professionals, policy makers and citizens;
- provide a resource for researchers seeking partners to address the ethical, social and legal aspects of their work;
- provide a resource for policy makers seeking expert advice;
- provide an educational resource.
CELS, formerly the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, Law & Society (CCELS), also has its own edited collection series entitled Ethics, Law & Society. The fifth volume of this series was published in 2013 and edited by Anthony Wrigley (Keele University) and Nicky Priaulx (Cardiff University).
- The Discourse of ‘Biocultural’ Rights
- See ya Sidaway – informed consent: Montgomery v. Lanarkshire Health Board  UKSC 11
- After Doogan and Wood: Conscientious objection and abortion services Workshop
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Regulating Innovation
- Alcohol abuse during pregnancy, foetal harm and the criminal law